the last blog

poking intellectual holes in the lid of your simplicity

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Intelligent Design: The New and "Improved" Science Explains EVERYTHING!

The universe is, like, complicated and stuff. Therefore God made it. Also:

My cat is weird. It likes to stare at it's own feet and meow at the lamp. God made Sparkles.

I don't understand how my microwave works...which means that, for lunch today, God made me a ham and cheese hot pocket. Thank you God!

And I'm pretty sure that the Lord (and not Herman Melville) wrote Moby Dick, because I can't make heads or tails of that shit. It just goes on and on and nothing ever happens, it's totally confusing. I'm all like, "Hello, I've already seen Jaws and that was way better. There are chase scenes, people get eaten, the shark blows up...I'll take that over a boring novel any day."

5 Comments:

  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Sheryl said…

    If things are complicated, wouldn't that be an arguement against design?

    I know, I know. I'm being literal when you're being ironic. X-)

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Christopher said…

    You speak of "intelligent design". But how about "unintelligent design?".

    I mean, if George Bush is a product of "design", what does this say about the intelligence of the designer?

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Cathie said…

    Why didn't God vote for those school board members in PA? Maybe he just let them lose so he could design that big storm that Pat Robertson was talking about today.

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Damien said…

    Awe dude Moby Dicks one of my favourite reads when I'm flying long haul, but I get your point it does get a tad wordy.

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger Sheryl said…

    Matt? Wo bist du?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home