the last blog

poking intellectual holes in the lid of your simplicity

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Matt v. Psychiatrist

Psychiatrist: I have good news. A new anti-depressant just hit the market. People are calling it a "miracle drug" so I'm going to prescribe it for you today.

Me: Any side effects I should be aware of?

Psychiatrist: Subjects in the clinical trials did report a fair amount of weight gain.

Me: Weight gain? Won't that make me more depressed?

Psychiatrist: Probably. That's why I'll also be prescribing a second pill which has been specifically designed to combat the depression caused by the first pill. It'll guarantee total and complete happiness.

Me: What are the side effects for it?

Psychiatrist: Diarrhea. Horrible, non-stop diarrhea.

Me: I don't think I'm going to take that one. Or the first one.

Psychiatrist: Do I detect a little anger in your voice? Because I may have to diagnose you with Oppositional Defiance Disorder.

Me: What?!

Psychiatrist: Don't worry, there's a pill for that too: Obeyprin. You'll love it. And, if you don't love it, I can just increase the dosage.

Me: You're really enjoying this aren't you?

Psychiatrist: Yeah. But that may be the prozac talking.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:17 AM, Blogger Jeremy said…

    mmmmmmm.......

     
  • At 3:53 AM, Blogger Snave said…

    My vicadin has been talking to me a lot lately, and my caffeine has been keeping me up through just about all hours of the night. I think I may have to have a friendly visit with the psychiatrist too...

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger ida gasp said…

    did you get the title of your blog from the X Files? I love Kristin Hersh too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home